A useful overview of possible applications, transport routes, production and storage options for hydrogen, important cost factors in its production and prerequisites for the use of green hydrogen on a larger scale.
In addition, pilot projects in Austria are presented that show the diverse use of hydrogen in practice and innovative approaches of domestic companies.
EIWInsights 1/2021 HYDROGEN (German)
From the content:
- Seven questions about hydrogen
- Foreword: H₂ as a carrier of hope
- Hydrogen - a central element of the energy transition
- Production of hydrogen
- Transporting and storing hydrogen
- Hydrogen in Austria's climate strategy
- Green gas
- Where is hydrogen needed?
- How much does green hydrogen cost?
- Cross-border hydrogen network
- Conclusion: The path towards a hydrogen turnaround
This edition of EIWInsights was produced with the kind support of the Austrian Federal Economic Chamber.